Tricia Griffith from Hays CISD (Texas) has the distinction of being the very first registrant for the 2014 SFE Solutions Summit! Tricia has been attending our annual conference almost as long as I have been with eSchool Solutions. (More than 10 years!) She’s also served multiple terms on our Council Advisory Board and has presented at several of our conferences. Of Tricia’s presentations, my personal favorite is “Using Twitter to Communicate with Substitutes.” Tricia is considered one of our expert SFE system administrators. Regardless of your level of expertise, Tricia is a great resource. Make sure you seek her out at the conference and take advantage of her knowledge.
Thanks, Tricia, for being such a good friend to eSchool Solutions! We look forward to another great conference with you! <3
Welcome to the annual SmartFindExpress Solutions Summit blog! Here you’ll find everything you need to register for the conference and plan your trip to Denver.
The 2014 Solutions Summit promises to be one of our best! We used feedback from last year’s attendees, input from the SFE Council Advisory Board, and suggestions from the eSchool Solutions team to develop the agenda. This year’s theme is OPTIMIZATION. Presentations, breakout sessions, and discussions will provide you with the tools you need to optimize SmartFindExpress and your district’s absence management program.
Be sure to check out the rest of the blog for a look at this year’s agenda, a link to our online registration, and travel information. Keep checking back to receive updates about conference planning, tips to get the most out of the conference, sights to see, and much more.
Make plans now to join us in the Mile High City for the 2014 SmartFindExpress Solutions Summit.
Thanks to Dana Parker (Clovis USD) and Helen Hill (Limestone DSB) for sending more photos.
The Alamo cookie was a hit! Other photos are from the Council Advisory Board appreciation dinner.
A giant thank you to everyone for another great conference. We’re so happy we could welcome such a wonderful group to San Antonio for our 25th SmartFindExpress Solutions Summit. Your participation made our conference one of the best EVER.
I’d like to give a special shout out to our fantastic guest presenters for their thoughtful presentations:
- Peter Ianniello, New York City PS
- Pam Kennedy, York Region
- Sandy Edwards, Grant Wood AEA
- Karen “KC” Crawford, Topeka PS
- Renee Harper, New York City PS
- Danny DeGuire, Northside ISD
Also, special thanks to our Council Advisory Board – especially Gina Elliot, North East; Patricia Berry, OCM BOCES; Pam Kennedy, York Region; and Jackie Jones, Grand Island. Our Advisory Board is instrumental in developing the agenda and setting the tone of the conference.
I will share post-conference survey results soon, but in the meantime, I wanted to post some photos you’ve been sending of the event. Keep ‘em coming!
If you were unable to attend the 2013 event, not to worry! There’s another conference next year. Look for that information early this summer.
A very special thank you to our good friends at Level 3 for their generous contribution to our 2013 SFE Solutions Summit. Their commitment to our event provided us with additional door prizes for conference participants. This year, Level 3 donated a Samsung digital camera and a Nook Simple Touch, plus two great gift baskets. Four lucky winners left with some great swag. Thanks again, Level 3.
Happy New Year! My how time flies. Just two months until the 25th annual SmartFindExpress Solutions Summit. We are busy, busy, busy working on presentations for the event. Soon, I’ll be blogging about what you can expect to learn in each session.
In the meantime, early conference registration ends tomorrow! That’s right, January 11 is the last day to save your district $100. Beginning January 12, the registration fee increases to $500 per person.
Looking for great reasons to attend our annual conference? Check out two of my earlier blog entries:
Top 10 Reasons for Attending
More reasons to attend the 2013 Solutions Summit
Hasta la próxima…
Take a quick moment to answer the following questions:
- Was SmartFindExpress already in your district when you were selected to manage it?
- Have you been working with SmartFindExpress for a while, but feel you could use a refresher in certain areas?
- Can you say for certain that you know everything SmartFindExpress can do for your district?
- Do you have questions about a particular feature or features?
- Would you like the opportunity to speak with other SmartFindExpress clients?
- Are you new to SmartFindExpress? Is your district?
- Could you use some quality one-on-one time with a SmartFindExpress expert?
If you answered YES to one – or more – of the above questions you should definitely make plans to attend the 2013 SmartFindExpress Solutions Summit, March 6-8, in San Antonio, Texas. We’ll show you how to get the most from your district’s SmartFindExpress system. We’ve got an agenda packed with spectacularly informative sessions.
Treat yourself and register for this year’s event. You deserve it. Your district deserves it too. Save money by taking advantage of early registration. Save even more when you register three or more people from your district.
We love all our clients. You have graciously supported us in times of need (thinking back to Hurricane Charley and the three other storms in 2004 that wrecked havoc in Central Florida).
Please, for all of our clients affected by Hurricane Sandy: be safe. Let us know if there’s anything you need; our team is just a phone call away.
Stay safe, and remember we are thinking of you. <3
Here are 10 great reasons you can’t afford to miss this year’s event:
- Search rules, priority lists, and call patterns: An entire day of breakout sessions devoted to the heart and soul of SmartFindExpress.
- Learn from – and share with – your peers in our all new discussion groups.
- Uninterrupted quality time – for as long as you need – with SmartFindExpress experts; you can find us in the Solutions Spot, our cyber cafe.
- Client presentations; this year you’ll hear from six clients regarding a variety of topics.
- Learn all about the absence approval process.
- Help us celebrate our 25 year anniversary; we wouldn’t be here without you!
- Learn how to do it yourself in SmartFindExpress; breakout sessions that highlight basic importing, basic exporting, as well as creating, saving, and scheduling reports.
- See Josh Bowers in a kilt, um, I mean, meet the eSchool Solutions team; just wondering if you’re paying attention (last year’s attendees will get the reference to Josh and his kilt).
- Explore the River Walk, a San Antonio landmark.
- SmartFindExpress product updates; all the latest information.
Keeping the list to 10 wasn’t easy. Keep following our blog for more great reasons to attend the 2013 SmartFindExpress Solutions Summit in San Antonio. We can’t wait to see you there!
Tradition dictates we kick off the Solutions Summit with a general session. Why? Because it gives us a chance to welcome you and to introduce you to the eSchool Solutions team. This year will be no different (because everyone knows you don’t mess with tradition).
Tom Smith, our debonair host, will kick things off as only he can. Brett Fadeley, the head cheese, um, I mean our CEO, will share what’s been happening at eSchool Solutions during the last 12 months. Then, Lorri Glover, SmartFindExpress Product Manager Extraordinaire, will show you all of the great things we’ve been working on since we saw you last – and what you can expect moving forward. Finally, our client presenters will share absence management best practices; a great way for you to learn from your peers.
Here’s what Oeklen Kenol, from New York City Schools, had to say at the end of last year’s general session – in Philadelphia.
Join us for the 2013 SmartFindExpress Solutions Summit in San Antonio. We guarantee you’ll learn something you can take back and put to work in your district! Register today!